Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Winding Down and the Strangest Green Tea I've had to date.

The end of the year is upon us.


For a good many, this means parties, resolutions, the typical stuff.  I've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, and even got stranded on the highway heading home.  It's time that one needs to truly change, rather than just repeating the same socially influenced mantras over and over again.

Since I'm fresh out of quotes from real people, I will have to use a quote from a syntax-challenged creature.


  " Do not try;  Do."
                                - Yoda

Yes, Dear Blog-Reader.  Yoda said something that actually influenced me.  So now, instead of talking or writing about what I'm going to do, I will simply do it.  Boom.  Done.



And tonight, while sitting at the tea table, I definitely did something.  I don't know exactly what, but by golly, I did it!  The Yunnan Mao Feng Lu cha from Norbu is of a different class of green tea.

Starting out, it looks like a green tea.  That's it. Everything after that doesn't really match up.  Let's Continue:


The aroma from the leaves reminds me of the 2009 and 2008 Puttabong Estate First Flush Darjeeling.  Fresh cut green apples, muscat grapes, and the super-trippy "cool mountain air".  I furrow my brow...twice.

I place about 4 grams in the gaiwan, not really knowing what to expect.  The first cup: sweetness, floral notes, and a seriously misplaced First Flush Darjeeling.

Practically every cup after that was the same, sans the fifth cup, which had run out of steam.  I examined the leaves to possibly find the culprit (sorry, no pictures as my camera has been borrowed).

Aha!  Oxidized leaves!  I'm not much for building up suspense, I'd rather just to the point.  I know you readers out there have things to do other than read tea blogs.   That is, unless that's your job.  If it is, I envy you.

So yes, there were many leaves and buds which had begun to oxidize around the edges.  Truth be told, I wasn't too surprised.  I didn't pay too much for this stuff.


That's all.  Poof.  Done.  (Happy New Year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment